By using our site, you have automatically accepted the following policy:
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
Use and Sharing of Information
We use the information we collect, among other things:
- To provide the Services you request;
- To provide customised content and advertising with your separate consent where required.
- We do not share your personal information with a third party.
Effective Date: 25th May, 2018
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our service enable you to give us information directly. For example:
- Our service enable users to create accounts or profiles. In connection with this service, we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself to set up the account or profile. For example, you submit certain information about yourself, such as your name, username, e-mail address and payment processors when you create a DFC account.
- For DFC membership, we need to provide different data, so we will ask for your name, contact information and payment processor informations.
- If you contact our Support team to discuss any problem, make an enquiry, or lodge a complaint, we will collect information from you. Such information collected will include your name, username, may also include your home address, e-mail address, and payment processors.
- Some of our services (Facebook group, online chat) enable you to communicate with other DFC members. Those communication does not occur through our systems.
You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
USING YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- to register for DFC membership;
- to provide a service or feature you request;
- to provide customised content and provide personalised service based on your past activities on our service with your separate consent if required (Surf Ad);
- for advertising, such as providing customised advertisements (Surf Ad), sponsored content (banners), and sending you promotional communications with your separate consent if required;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, advertising campaigns, and services to help us better understand, through statistical processes where necessary, more about our customers in order to offer the most relevant communications, service to you.
- to ask you for your opinions on our service and to carry out customer surveys with your separate consent if required;
- to conduct free prize draws, prize competitions, or promotions, as permitted by law;
We offer a variety of choices about how we use your information. You can make choices about whether to receive promotional communications from us by initially subscribing, and if you change your mind, by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication. You can also contact us if you need assistance controlling your choices.
DFC processes personal data for the purposes described above. DFC’s legal basis to process personal data includes processing that is: necessary for the performance of the service between you and Diversity-Fund Club (for example, to provide you with the service and to identify and authenticate you so you may use certain service); necessary to comply with legal requirements; necessary for DFC’s legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the relevance of our communications, experiences, and customer service) and based on consent by our customers (for example, to communicate with you about our services and provide you with marketing information), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time by contacting us as specified in the Contact Us section of this Privacy Notice without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Your e-mail addresses will not be shown, given or sold;
- Your personal e-mail address will only be used for DFC to communicate with you and to send you a new password in case you request it;
- Your payment processor e-mail addresses will only be used for us to send you your requested payments and to confirm what you purchase.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, including individuals, affiliates, business partners, marketing companies, and service providers for any purpose.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We take protection of your data seriously, and have put in place appropriate physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the service. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
Your use of our service will involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. We will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal information remains protected. Such measures include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses to safeguard the transfer of data outside of the EEA.
You have the right to request details about the information we collect about you and to request us to correct inaccuracies in that information, to object to or request the restriction of processing, and to request access to, or the erasure or portability of your information. Under the laws of some jurisdictions, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardise the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. If you would like to make a request to access your information, please visit our Support Ticket service: Support
If you request deletion of personal information, you acknowledge that you may not be able to access the DFC user area and that residual personal information may continue to reside in DFC’s records and archives for some time, in compliance with applicable law, but DFC will not use that information for commercial purposes. You understand that, despite your request for deletion, DFC reserves the right to keep your personal information, or a relevant part of it, in line with the below section on “Data Retention” and applicable laws. DFC may suspend, limit, or terminate your access to the website for violating the Diversity-Fund Club Terms of Service when necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of DFC, or any of our business partners, employees, or customers.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required. We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
1. at least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a service;
2. as required under law or with regard to our statutory obligations; or
3. only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND PRODUCTS ON OUR SERVICES
Our Services may link to third party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third party websites and services you use.
Some of the content, advertising on our service may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. In such circumstances, we have entered into contractual agreements with such third parties. For example:
- We enable you to share certain materials on the Services with others through social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.
Also, please note that if you choose to connect with a social networking service on a device used by people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on the social networking service(s) with which you connect. We recommend that you log out of any such sites and only share information with individuals that you trust.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, smart TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our service is the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the service and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you have seen so that you don’t receive the same ad each time you access a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties provide you with relevant content and advertising by collecting information about your use of our service and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access the service, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies.
Please note, however, that some services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those services, or certain parts of them.
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
Which enable you to order products and receive services from our website;
Which enable us to analyse the performance and design of our website and detect errors. For example, this type of cookie allows us to recognise that you have visited our website before and shows which sections of our website are most popular by allowing us to see which pages visitors access most frequently and how much time visitors spend on each page. We use, without limitation, Google Analytics, Adobe, and similar analytics cookies to achieve this.
For example, the information generated by the cookie about the use of the website will normally be stored on a Google server in the United States. However, if you are located within the EU or the European Economic Area, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand. In exceptional cases only, your full address will be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and shortened there. On our behalf, Google will use this information for the purpose of compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google. You may prevent web usage data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie from being transmitted to Google and processed there if you download and install this (Browser-Plugin).
Which enables us and our carefully selected partners to deliver advertisements to you, or contact you directly where you have separately consented to such communications, which match your interests by, for example, collecting information about products you have browsed or ordered on our website. For example, and without limitation, we use Google remarketing tags to allow our retail partners to advertise products which you have browsed on our website. For further information about how Google remarketing tags work, please click here.
Our website may also display content from a third party website or service, which may result in cookies from third parties being stored on your hard drive or browser. We do not control the storage of these cookies and you should refer to the privacy policies of the relevant third party for more information.
- Diversity Fund Club is not responsible for any of the contents in advertisements shown at Diversity Fund Club. This applies to all advertisement information we may display.
- It is your responsibility when you click an advertisement link, click a link inside the advertisement page or browse its contents.
- All advertisements are the responsibility of its advertiser and you must comply to their own Terms of Service and Privacy Policies.
SOCIAL NETWORK PLUGINS
Our service make use of social network plugins (“Plugins”). When you use a service that contains Plugins, information may be directly transferred from your device to the operator of the social network. We have no influence on the data gathered by the Plugin. If you are logged into the social network, your use of our service can be referenced to your social network account. If you interact with the Plugins, for example by clicking “Like”, “Follow”, or “Share”, or enter a comment, the information may automatically show in your social network profile. Even if you are not logged into your social network account, it may be possible that the Plugins transmit your IP address to the social network operators. Please consider this when using our service.
For information about the social network operators of the Plugins used in our service (“Operators”) please see below:
Operators of Plugins used in our service
If you are a member of one or more of the following social networks and do not want the Operator to connect the data concerning your use of our service with your member data already stored by the Operator, please log out of the social network before using our service.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998), we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at Terms of Services
We at DFC care about our customer’s privacy. Because we care, we take steps ensure that of our service is created using the principle of privacy by design. In doing this we always ensure your data is protected, and only used where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service or a product. We understand the path your data follows to ensure it is safe, secure and compliant with the necessary data protection law.
We welcome the changes that have come as part of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For any related queries, please contact us!
- Diversity Fund Club Management Team -